[yocto] How do I used Yocto to build an sdcard image for my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B?

Thomas Thorne Thomas.Thorne at net2edge.com
Thu Nov 3 02:21:06 PDT 2016

> Do you see an image with .rpi-sdimg in deploy/images/raspberrypi3

No, files such as that not turning up is exactly what I am asking about.

thomasthorne at thorne-ul-dt:~/work/rpi-layer/build$ ls tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi3/*.rpi-sdimg
ls: cannot access 'tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi3/*.rpi-sdimg': No such file or directory
thomasthorne at thorne-ul-dt:~/work/rpi-layer/build$ ls tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi2/*.rpi-sdimg
ls: cannot access 'tmp/deploy/images/raspberrypi2/*.rpi-sdimg': No such file or directory

I have tried building for Pi 2 and Pi 3.  rpi-test-image, rpi-basic-image, console-image, core-image-minimal, core-image-full but none of them seem to have generated an SD image.  Plenty of other files I could put together but no ready formed image to dd across.

Thomas A. F. Thorne<mailto:Thomas.Thorne at Net2Edge.com>  Software Engineer  Net2Edge<http://www.net2edge.com/>