[yocto] Yocto 2.2 Morty supported Linux Distros

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:21:34 PDT 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 4:22 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>

> On 1 November 2016 at 22:20, Daniel. <danielhilst at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just as a note, I've been using archlinux for about a year and have never
>> faced "distro related problems", except when the gcc6 comes out. Anyway I'm
>> using daisy in my work. I think that making old releases supported by X
>> distro doesn't make any sense...
>>

> The supported list of distros is just the list of distros that are known
> to work, and if something breaks then we'll notice and fix it.  If you want
> to use arch and face the periodic problems such as new toolchain meaning
> you can't build gcc-cross, then go for it.
>

> Another option perhaps is to use a debian stable container with docker (
> https://hub.docker.com/r/cbrake/oe-build/)
> and you can use your favorite distro for stuff you usually do and at same
> time let OE/YP build on  a known/supported distro e.g.
> Its a bit of mind shift but I am happily using it, while my distro stays
> bleeding edge arch.
>
> e.g. see
>
> http://bec-systems.com/site/1281/using-docker-for-oeyocto-builds
>

> Ross

I'm planning to move to ubuntu 16.04 as I have in home, since I'm something
like tired of reading the words "not supported" .. but I have a lot of work
to do before I can format my machine there... So, it will be arch :)

I was just notifying that I have never had problems with arch being "not
supported". The packages needed there, and the ones that can't be found at
binary repos can be found at AUR, so, arch works just fine.

Regards,

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*
  *Yoda Master*