[yocto] Yocto 2.2 Morty supported Linux Distros

Joshua Lock joshua.g.lock at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 2 03:05:25 PDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-01 at 17:11 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:

> > > On 1 November 2016 at 17:05, Bas Mevissen <abuse at basmevissen.nl>
wrote:
> > What are the criteria to call a distro supported?
> >

> > > The short version is that it's a distro that doesn't change too much,
is still supported, and we have builders on
autobuilder.yoctoproject.org running that distro.

> The Centos mismatch is annoying, can you please file a bug?

We previously had CentOS-7.* which was changed to CentOSLinux-7 in
meta-yocto ce1fe45e9a18a82e2b95ea7e0b088ba595ceeee6.

What's going on here? Are CentOS really changing the value of their
Distributor ID for a released version?
Or is the issue here that they aren't using consistent values for
Distributor ID and its equivalent across /etc/lsb-release, /etc/redhat-
release, /etc/os-release and other potential sources?

Can someone with a CentOS 7 box pastebin their /etc/lsb-release,
/etc/redhat-release and /etc/os-release?

Joshua