[yocto] Yocto 2.2 Morty supported Linux Distros

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:35:41 PDT 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 4:22 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>

> On 1 November 2016 at 22:20, Daniel. <danielhilst at gmail.com <mailto:danielhilst at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Just as a note, I've been using archlinux for about a year and have never faced "distro related problems", except when the gcc6 comes out. Anyway I'm using daisy in my work. I think that making old releases supported by X distro doesn't make any sense...
>
> The supported list of distros is just the list of distros that are known to work, and if something breaks then we'll notice and fix it.  If you want to use arch and face the periodic problems such as new toolchain meaning you can't build gcc-cross, then go for it.

Another option perhaps is to use a debian stable container with docker (https://hub.docker.com/r/cbrake/oe-build/ <https://hub.docker.com/r/cbrake/oe-build/>)
and you can use your favorite distro for stuff you usually do and at same time let OE/YP build on  a known/supported distro e.g.
Its a bit of mind shift but I am happily using it, while my distro stays bleeding edge arch.

e.g. see

http://bec-systems.com/site/1281/using-docker-for-oeyocto-builds <http://bec-systems.com/site/1281/using-docker-for-oeyocto-builds>