[yocto] Yocto 2.2 Morty supported Linux Distros

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Tue Nov 1 10:05:11 PDT 2016

On 01/11/16 16:27, Burton, Ross wrote:

> That's a mistake, I consider the whitelist assignment in poky.conf to be
> canonical and that includes 16.04.

What are the criteria to call a distro supported?

> Scott, can you update the list
> at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.2/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#detailed-supported-distros
> so that it reflects the list in the code:
>
> SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS ?= " \
>             poky-1.8 \n \
>             poky-2.0 \n \
>             poky-2.1 \n \
>             poky-2.2 \n \
>             Ubuntu-14.04 \n \
>             Ubuntu-14.10 \n \
>             Ubuntu-15.04 \n \
>             Ubuntu-15.10 \n \
>             Ubuntu-16.04 \n \
>             Fedora-22 \n \
>             Fedora-23 \n \
>             Fedora-24 \n \

Fedora 25 should be released in two weeks time
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/25/Schedule). Can it then still
be added as a Morty supported distro version?

>             CentOSLinux-7.* \n \

I see in Poky current master when running bitbake:

WARNING: Host distribution "CentOS-7.2.1511" has not been validated with
this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected
failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.

It runs fine, but it seems to fail the distro test.

Bas.

--
Bas.