[yocto] Per image customizations

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Tue May 31 09:05:19 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

I've asked this question on IRC, but haven't received complete enough replies,
so posting here.

I have my own layer with my recipes and customizations. In my layer I have two
images, one which is the "regular OS" that runs the product application, and
one which is the "flash OS", a minimal ramdisk OS that flashes the disks. I want
the two images to have different fstab and inittab files: what is the correct
way to do that? I know how to handle machine / arch specific differences, but I
don't think there's a way to "dress a package depending on the image it gets
included in", right?

Should I create my own IMAGE_FEATURE and hack my fstab and inittab when rootfs
is created, sort of how the "read-only-rootfs" feature was done?
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/classes/core-image.bbclass?h=fido#n77

Thanks for any help you'll give.
Diego