[yocto] dev package being pulled into RDEPENDS automatically

Alfonso Lima Astor alfonsolimaastor at gmail.com
Tue May 31 04:09:36 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am getting the following error when building a recipe of my own:
ERROR: QA Issue: package1 rdepends on package2-dev [dev-deps]

I think the problem is that package2-dev is in RDEPENDS_package1, but
when I check the recipe, I just see:

RDEPENDS_${PN} += "package1"

Also, when I check the output of "bitbake package1 -e", I can see that
RDEPENDS_package1 does not contain "package2-dev", just "package2".

I have also checked the output files of "bitbake package1 -g" and only
package1-dev rdepends on package2-dev.

If I remove the previous rdependency, it still fails with the same issue.

Also, something important to mention is that this only happens on one
computer, but I have other two, running exactly the same code,
recipes, etc. where this is not happening. All of them running Ubuntu
14.04 and after installing the packages specified in the yocto
quickstart guide.

Do you know where this rdependency could get pulled into? how could I remove it?

Any idea/suggestion will be very welcome.

Bests,
Alfonso