[yocto] Is There a Package Limit to use of Smart / RPM?

Darcy Watkins dwatkins at sierrawireless.com
Mon May 30 08:15:39 PDT 2016

Thanks!

I think what was happening in my case was some post install scriptlets triggered activity that in turned killed an upgrade service that was running.

We handle the upgrades with the system in sort of an offline state so we don't want the RPM installs / upgrades launching things.  Since manually installing an RPM is not a normal use case in our design, what I wound up having to do was to override the update-rc.d.bbclass to remove the "-s" option passed when installing an RPM on the target.

The result of this was all RPMs to install OK without inadvertently launching the services.  Then we launch the services afterwards.

----------------

Another question: If I want to install RPMs onto my file system offline, but mounted onto a ramdisk boot so that I can run smart/rpm in a chroot scheme, will this work?  I see that in the build system, it relies on '$D' being set to indicate an alternate path.  This handles alternate paths, and usually bypasses stop/start of services.  Do I need to set '$D' up in a similar way on the target?  I am thinking of an offline upgrade scheme on the target similar in intent to say 'fedup' so that I don't have to worry about an RPM upgrade to say 'db' package or 'rpm' pulling the rug out from under the upgrade.  In this case, my offline rootfs may be mounted say at /mnt/...

Thanks!

Regards,

Darcy

Darcy Watkins ::  Staff Engineer, Firmware

SIERRA WIRELESS
Direct  +1 604 233 7989   ::  Fax  +1 604 231 1109  ::  Main  +1 604 231 1100
13811 Wireless Way  :: Richmond, BC Canada V6V 3A4
[P2]
dwatkins at sierrawireless.com :: www.sierrawireless.com :: www.inmotiontechnology.com