[yocto] On target gdb support for multiple architectures?

Stroz, Glenn gstroz at qti.qualcomm.com
Fri May 27 15:33:34 PDT 2016

In this case there is not. It appears as if the aarch64 binary gets priority.

root at qcom-bsp:/# find -name gdb
find: ./proc/7639: No such file or directory
./usr/share/gdb
./usr/bin/gdb
find: ./sys/kernel/slab/L2TP/IPv6: No such file or directory
find: ./sys/kernel/slab/L2TP/IP: No such file or directory
root at qcom-bsp:/#

/usr/share/gdb is a folder

The image file has the following:

IMAGE_INSTALL += "gdb"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "lib32-gdb"

Ideally we would like one binary that is capable of debugging both architectures, but two binaries would be a short term workaround.

-Glenn