[yocto] any pointers to a yocto-based image to use as a live install utility?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed May 25 08:52:43 PDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On 2016-05-25 11:26 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > If you do end up releasing it, I have some "installer tech" that
> > > runs on non-x86 that I can see how it fits together.
> >
> >   if any of that "installer tech" is relevant for powerpc, that
> > would be most excellent. would that be related to WRL's "Installer
> > Image"?
>
> In this case no. It is something simpler for a container OS, but it
> does run from a bootable USB and has a simple backend that you can
> customize for a given platform. The only trick is getting the right
> bootable USB for non-x86.

  oh, darn ... i haz a sad. so it looks like i'm pretty well starting
from scratch, unless someone has pointers to anything i can use or
cannibalize to use as a starting point.

  basically, i'm after something that:

  * runs on powerpc
  * has the ability to scan the hard drive and decide what to do
    about existing partitions, possibly preserving them
  * runs entirely standalone as it must be run on remote systems

the plan right now is to create a live linux image, and having to
pretty much manually do the above, so if you have any shortcuts, i'm
all ears.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca