[yocto] any pointers to a yocto-based image to use as a live install utility?

akuster akuster at mvista.com
Wed May 25 08:00:36 PDT 2016

Robert,

>   specifically in the context of powerpc systems, are there any
> suggestions for an image that could be used to boot an older powerpc
> system, running completely out of ram, and using that as an install
> utility which would then be responsible for detecting/formatting a
> hard drive, creating/formatting filesystems, downloading/installing
> the OS, post-install configuration and so on?

This sounds like an installer MV has and that I have been given approval
to release (just haven’t had the time to submit it).  Its X86 centric ie
uses grub and support efi

It boots up from an iso image and runs a ncurses based interface that
allows you to select HD, create partitions and filesystem types. It will
install what ever image you built. It creates grub conf and installs it.
The installer bit is written in python.

>   i realize that's a spectacularly imprecise request -- in a general
> sense, it involves just starting with a regular image, then adding
> utilities that run around doing all of the above, but if there's
> anything that already takes one most of the way there, that'd be
> great.

Does this sound like something you are thing about?

regards,
Armin