[yocto] Retrieve SRCREV variable value outside of a specific recipe (not modifying it)

Michael Hu pxmyhdev at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:32:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

My goal is to pull recipe's SRCREV variable into a top level *.bbclass
file. I understand we can use SRCREV_pn-<recipe_name> to modify the
revision on the fly outside of recipe in configuration files but when I
print out SRCREV information using ${SRCREV_pn-recipename} all I got back
is the recipe name instead of SREREV value for that specific recipe.

Is there a way to retrieve SREREV value outside of recipe?

Thanks,
Michael