[yocto] Yocto Virtual Keyboard in French

Chandrakanth Sherkhane (IC Nexus) chan at icnexus.com.tw
Mon May 23 22:41:50 PDT 2016

Dear Yocto mailing list,

The current information I know already is,

1.      Using a patch provided by a good friend of mine, the French Virtual
Keyboard can be built in Yocto and it is OK

2.      Now using a Touch screen with this French Virtual Keyboard is OK

3.      But using a Single Board Computer with Yocto, by connecting a
physical French USB Keyboard, it seems to follow the US layout, and not the
French layout

4.      This is due to the physical Keyboard is governed by the standard
Linux locales

Questions:

1.      How can I have a locale for French on my Yocto setup?

2.      How can I activate it by default?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Chandrakanth Sherkhane

chan at icnexus.com.tw