[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW20

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri May 13 08:10:44 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M1
Next Deadline: YP 2.2 cut off: June 13, 2016

SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Anibal
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

  *   The bitbake python3 branch is nearing readiness, the OE-Core branch is not quite at the same level of cleanliness but has the functionality and just needs cleanup. Known issues remaining are toaster and various tools in scripts/, help in testing would be most welcome as we have found several distro specific issues so far.
  *   With python3, basic image execution is known to work, as is testimage (qemu runtime testing) and basic oe-selftests.
  *   We have various significant changes from Khem such as gcc 6, glibc upgrade and so on. A portion of these have merged into master, the rest should enter -next for testing over the weekend.
  *   We now have automated BuildLog generation in the wiki to help our build triage (SWAT) process which starts the process improvements planned in 2.2 (thanks Joshua!)
  *   There was a nice cleanup to staging.bbclass from Peter (thanks!)
  *   There is a good discussion happening on the architecture list about trying to come up with a standardized way of defining builds and possibly handling layer checkout. Please join the discussion if interested.
  *   WDD continues to rise :(
  *   YP 1.8.2 is now in QA
  *   meta-intel 5.0 should finish QA today

Key YP 2.2 Dates:

  *   YP 2.2 M1 cut off would be: 6/13/16
  *   YP 2.2 M1 release would be: 6/24/16
  *   YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16
  *   YP 2.2 M2 release would be: 7/29/16
  *   YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16
  *   YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16
  *   YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16
  *   YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:
            WDD 2618 (last week 2532)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com