[yocto] how to install a kernel module

Esponde, Joel Joel.Esponde at Honeywell.com
Fri May 13 02:15:11 PDT 2016

Hi,

FYI, image recipes are in recipes-core/images folders.
So if you created your own image recipe, my previous mail should answer your need.

Otherwise, I don't know if you could just add this line to your local.conf file...

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " ledmodule"

The best way to know that your IMAGE_INSTALL variable is correctly set is to call this bitbake command:

$ bitbake <image> -e

Bitbake will output all the build environment variables and functions related to your image recipe.
So you will be able to check with this command that IMAGE_INSTALL has effectively your module name added to the list.

bitbake -e is a very important command when working with Yocto.

Regards,

Joël Esponde
Honeywell | Sensing and Productivity Solutions