[yocto] Formulating Recipe for out-of-tree kernel module

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 23:59:08 PDT 2016

At the risk of answering my own question...
Splitting a driver package into a module recipe and a separate recipe for user-mode utilities works in that each recipe uses the appropriate build process and puts files in the appropriate subdirectory of /work/.
I still don't see a way to build one out-of-tree module against another.  I am interested in opinion on this.  Should I try to get these drivers built in tree?  They seem to be the only two out-of-tree drivers in the build at present.  There is also some facility to add extra modules to the dahdi linux build, although achieving this with bitbake could be challenging too.

Cheers,Chris