[yocto] Using multiple versions of package (PACKAGECONFIG) in the same bitbake

Paul Knopf pknopf at medxchange.com
Sun May 8 06:50:31 PDT 2016

I have two rootfs. My main image, and the initramfs image for the kernel
(INITRAMFS_IAMGE and INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE).

I need to provide different fstab files for each build.

I have added a .bbappend for the base-files recipe to use a customized
fstab.

In the bbappend file, I'd like to add PACKAGECONFIG support to the package
to customize it for each rootfs.

However, it seems that I can only PACKAGECONFIG for a recipe in the
local.conf. How do I add features to a package at a "image-recipe.bb" level?

Maybe I should create a separate recipe all together that overwrite fstab?
Then, I can include this "base-files-overrite-fstab" in the appropriate
image recipe?

Thanks,
Paul Knopf
Software Engineer