[yocto] oracle-jse-jdk

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri May 6 10:49:12 PDT 2016

On 5/6/16 4:10 AM, Maxin B. John wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 10:43:08AM -0700, Mihaylov, Emil wrote:
>
>> hi Mark,
>>
>> my oracle-jse-jdk_1.7.0.bb
>>
>> looks like this

>> # Automatically choose java package based on target architecture
>> DEPENDS += "libav gtk+ libxslt libxtst"
>
> From the error, I assume that you are using "RPM" as package manager in your
> local.conf:
>
> PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
>
> Could you please try to build again with "ipk or deb" as mentioned in the README
> file in meta-oracle-java repo ?

This will like result in a package that installs -- but not one that works.

RPM has additional checking that ipk and deb do not.  (ipk and deb don't support
SONAME style dependencies due to design differences.)

So these recipes need to work in all three package formats, and most of the time
RPM finds run-time errors the others overlook due to this.

--Mark