[yocto] Debian Stretch build error "Install SDL devel"

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:30:09 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Fred Ollinger
<Fred.Ollinger at seescan.com> wrote:
> I know that Debian Stretch is not supported, but I'd like to help shake out the errors to get support.
>

> I'm on poky
>

> commit 9fd145d27ec479668fac490a9f1078089f22bf59
>

> I tried to build qemu-native and it failed with the following:
>

> | ERROR: User requested feature sdl
> |        configure was not able to find it.
> |        Install SDL devel
>

> libsdl1.2-dev is installed.
>

> Any ideas?

See the "Qemu configuration" section of conf/local.conf.

You can either disable qemu support for SDL by commenting out the
following lines:

  PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
  PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"

Or (if you do actually need qemu with SDL support enabled) try using
OE's version of libsdl instead of the one provided by the host system,
by commenting out:

  ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"

Note that using OE's version of libsdl was only recently enabled in
OE's master branch (see below) so may or may not work with the Dizzy
based release you are using.

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=81f009d173f24501ab0e04d845db74ecb5f8e332