[yocto] SRC_URI overrides and work-shared

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:31:50 PDT 2016

In my private layer, I'd like to apply the occasional patch to GCC only for
certain circumstances (e.g., a particular target architecture). I get some
strange behavior with quilt seeming to get confused during do_patch(),
though, which I imagine is due to the singular source directory in
build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-X.Y.Z being shared among all the various GCC
recipes.

Is it just expected that all GCC recipes must have exactly the same
SRC_URI, or is there perhaps some other more tricky thing I should do in
order not to confuse the work-shared setup?

-Matt