[yocto] [meta-java] Use openjdk-8 as javac and java VM

Blaettler, Michael michael.blaettler at siemens.com
Tue Mar 29 03:48:22 PDT 2016

Hi all

I am currently struggling with selecting the Java virtual machine and Java compiler. I'd like to use the Java VM and Java Compiler provided by openjdk-8-native in the meta-java layer.
It was possible to build openjdk-8-native without any problems but after sourcing the environment-script the javac command points to the compiler installed by ecj-bootstrap-native and the java command points to the VM installed by cacao-native.
Afterwards I tried to add openjdk-8 as a provider for "virtual/javac-native" and "virtual/java-native" but then the image isn't buildable due to recursive inclusions.

How can I select the java vm and java compiler from openjdk-8 as my default compiler/VM?
Can anybody assist me?

Thanks in advance

Michael