[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW12

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Mar 18 08:21:56 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.1 M4 (Stabilization only milestone.)

Next Deadline: YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Will be late, see status)

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Joshua

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        The M3 build occurred and has been passed to QA. Most things that were planned were included. We did end up disabling prelink for now as we don't know when we'll figure out how to properly fix the IFUNC issues we ran into there.

*        QA on M3 is still continuing but there is a known issue with toaster startup. We'd likely not do a complete respin just for this issue but just retest toaster.

*        There continue to be several build race issues and other problems which are being worked on.

*        The number of bugs coming into the bugzilla is very high and putting a lot of pressure on the team which means the WDD is likely to rise significantly next week.

*        On a personal note, it looks like I won't be able to attend ELC partially due to limited availability of travel funds.

Key YP 2.1 Dates:

YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Will be late, see status)

YP 2.1 M4 / Final Cutoff: March 28, 2016 noon GMT - Stabilization only milestone.

YP 2.1 Final Release Target: April 29, 2016

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.1_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2616 (last week 2628)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com