[yocto] use yocto toolchain as external toolchain

gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Thu Mar 17 04:40:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

It may sound slightly crazy:) but can I use a toolchain, which was
created by Poky as an external toolchain for Poky?

What I am after is something like this:

I create a multiplatfrom v7 compatible Yocto project, which spits out
toolchain/rootfs/kernel/various device trees.[1]

Now I need to build for each board a custom u-boot, something like
[2][3],...

Obviously [2] and [3] build again the toolchain. Would it be possible to
reuse the toolchain built by [1] like an external toolchain to save some
build time?

Regards,

Robert

[1]