[yocto] Installing the SDKs made with meta-mingw

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Mar 16 14:40:12 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Matt Hoosier <matt.hoosier at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've successfully built a Canadian-cross SDK using the meta-mingw layer.
> Very nice!
>
> Because the layer lobotomizes the SDK_PACKAGING_FUNC when ${SDKMACHINE} is
> set to a MinGW host, though, the resulting SDK is not encapsulated into the
> self-extracting tarball and the corresponding relocation logic (
> relocate_sdk.py and so forth) is omitted.
>
> Any suggestions on how to do the last-mile work to use the SDK on Windows?
> Or perhaps nothing is needed at all, except adjusting the prefixes built
> into environment-setup-<arch>? Although that would be nice, I think at
> least some installation-time adjustment is necessary though; when I do:
>
>     arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o foo foo.c
> --sysroot=d:/projects/yocto-sdk/sysroots/cortexa15t2hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
>
> , the following happens during linking:
>
>     ld.exe: cannot find /lib/libc.so.6 inside
> d:/projects/yocto-sdk/sysroots/cortexa15t2hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

Mark Hatle's branch switches to batch files for environment setup and
whatnot. I don't know if it addresses the reloc issue or not, but it's a
substantial improvement over master. See
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=mgh/meta-mingw
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com