[yocto] Not able to disable introspection in gstreamer

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:13:08 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 02:54:27PM +0000, Ashish Shrivastava wrote:
> ?Hi,
>

> I am trying to build latest poky version from upstream but it was failing in "gobject-introspection-data?".
>
> I disabled it with comments mentioned in:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?id=8c14c746da1784c4bdaa621dde6fccd99e72ef1b
>

> by adding folloing line in config:
>
> MACHINE_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "gobject-introspection-data"
>

> Now gstreamer is throwing error for introspection.
>

> I am trying to disable it but with no success.
>

> Anyone who knows how to disable introspection in gstreamer would be of great help.

Our gstreamer recipes are also failing even when COMBINED_FEATURES don't
contain gobject-introspection-data (I've used
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED because I want to disable it for all
MACHINEs).

I think it's because COMBINED_FEATURES conditional is used only to add
--enable-introspection in EXTRA_OECONF, but other changes like
introspection.m4 changes are done in all builds.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com