[yocto] Problems building live image

Radzykewycz, T (Radzy) radzy at windriver.com
Mon Mar 14 10:29:28 PDT 2016

> While we're on it...
>
> Can anyone explain what a "live" image is intended to be?
>
> (I haven't gotten a live image to "work", but I'm not entirely
> sure I know what "work" means for a live image.)
>
> Or how hdddirect is intended to be different from hddimg?
>
> --rich

Can't say as how I'm anything close to an expert on it, but....

My impression was that a live image was one that

- Booted from removable media

- Did not mount a local hard disk as rootfs, but instead copied
  the rootfs from the boot media

- Optionally, might include an installer to install the image
  onto a local hard disk.

Enjoy!

				-- radzy