[yocto] New message

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Mar 14 05:49:49 PDT 2016

On 14 March 2016 at 03:10, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I just started a new build and saw a message that's new to me:
>   NOTE: Fetching uninative binary shim from
> http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/uninative/0.95/x86_64-nativesdk-libc.tar.bz2;md5sum=4b6fb2106c2f18b8f9c8ac67e1cf9e57
>
> * What is this about?

You're using the poky distribution which for build performance uses
uninative (from 477b8fb), which means that instead of building native
dependencies per-host-distribution there's a static libc which is built
against to enable native binaries to be host-agnostic.

Poky has enabled this for performance, but others may wish to do the same
for other reasons: for example, you want to publish a sstate feed that
works for all host distributions without having to build for all of them.

* Can this file be served by my local mirror?

It can (see meta/conf/distro/include/yocto-uninative.inc), or you can
uninherit uninative, or use your own DISTRO instead of poky.

Ross