[yocto] Strange build dependency

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Mar 14 05:41:38 PDT 2016

I'm trying to sort out a problem with perl and have been switching
between two different versions.  What I don't understand is why
so many recipes are being rebuilt when I change.  I tried examining
the dependencies with -g -u depexp but I'm unable to see why it's
happening.

I'm building core-image-base (+perl) from a recent Poky checkout.
I notice that a number of packages that don't seem to be related
to perl (or even hardly to each other) are rebuilt, e.g. avahi,
openssl and others.

How can I find out what's going on here?

BTW, I'm using this [testing] layer for this effort (related to
my perl question from last week):
   https://github.com/GaryThomas/meta-amanda.git