[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW11

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Mar 11 08:33:08 PST 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.1 M4 (Stabilization only milestone.)

Next Deadline: YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Will be late, see status)

SWAT team rotation: Jussi -> Maxin

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        The good news first, uninative is now default in poky and this has improved build performance on the autobuilders. The rpm upgrade patch set finally passed testing and also merged along with many other smaller patches.

*        The bad news is that gobject-introspection still possibly has some issues we don't understand although the past couple of builds have been clean. We also still don't understand exactly how/why prelink is breaking glib linked binaries using fork() although its related to the IFUNC shadow function in libpthread.

*        There continue to be a number of niggling issues with various patches (e.g. the xcursor-transparent patch broke various selftests and the source archiver selftest is still broken).  There are some parallelism races which are still being worked on (perf for example, ncurses patches under discussion).

*        Hob has finally been removed. The functionality of Hob has been replaced by Toaster.

*        The removal of Hob has broken build-appliance and I may take patches in M4 to replace this with something better, likely container based and including toaster instead.

*        I've been made aware there were a number of QA patches which were blocked on review, these may also be taken in M4 as it was on the fault of the reviewers that they were blocked.

*        2.0.1 was finally released.

*        The mitigation plan would be to merge gobject-introspection and hope we've resolved the issues, disable prelink and get a build into QA for M3 ASAP but it depends on the other smaller details also getting resolved.

Key YP 2.1 Dates:

YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Will be late, see status)

YP 2.1 M4 / Final Cutoff: March 28, 2016 noon GMT - Stabilization only milestone.

YP 2.1 Final Release Target: April 29, 2016

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.1_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2628 (last week 2577 )

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com