[yocto] Long-term package revision maintenance

Joshua G Lock joshua.g.lock at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 10 01:35:51 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 09:12 +0100, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I've been running local PR servers for my builds.  This works
> quite well, as long as I don't touch my build trees.
>
> What's the best way to manage versions long-term?  i.e. if I
> have a deployed system that I build today, but may not touch
> for a long time (years?) and I might not want to keep my build
> trees for that long.  If I just blow away the build tree, the
> next time I build for that target, all of the version info will
> be lost.  I'd like to be able to pick up where I left off.

We have a bitbake-prserv-tool script:

$ bitbake-prserv-tool
Usage: bitbake-prserv-tool command
Avaliable commands:
	export <file.conf>: export and lock down the AUTOPR values from
the PR service into a file for release.
	import <file.conf>: import the AUTOPR values from the exported
file into the PR service.

I haven't used it but it certainly reads like what you want?

Regards,

Joshua