[yocto] Host contamination that isn't

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Mar 9 00:28:33 PST 2016

On 2016-03-09 08:50, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2016-03-08 14:33, Gary Thomas wrote:
>> I'm getting a lot of messages like this:
>>    amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amtoc is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due
>> to host contamination
>>    amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amcrypt-ossl is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may
>> be due to host contamination
>>    amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amvault is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due
>> to host contamination
>>
>> In reality, this is not really a problem.  I'm building a recipe
>> which adds a user to my system image that just happens to have the
>> same UID as mine (first user added, go figure).  So the messages in
>> this case are quite bogus.
>>
>> How can I avoid them?  When I add my extra user to my image, is
>> there a way to force the UID/GID to something I know is "safe"?
>
> I solved this by adding '--system' to my USERADD setup.

BTW, if I run 'bitbake <package> -c cleanall' where <package> is the
name of my recipe that is creating a user (in this case amanda), shouldn't
that user/group be removed from the sysroot?  It's not and it took me a
long time to realize this - my first attempts at adjusting the USERADD
parameters were simply being ignored because the user still existed.

Maybe this is a bug [that I should file]?