[yocto] Host contamination that isn't

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Mar 8 05:33:28 PST 2016

I'm getting a lot of messages like this:
   amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amtoc is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due
to host contamination
   amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amcrypt-ossl is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may
be due to host contamination
   amanda: /amanda/usr/sbin/amvault is owned by uid 1000, which is the same as the user running bitbake. This may be due
to host contamination

In reality, this is not really a problem.  I'm building a recipe
which adds a user to my system image that just happens to have the
same UID as mine (first user added, go figure).  So the messages in
this case are quite bogus.

How can I avoid them?  When I add my extra user to my image, is
there a way to force the UID/GID to something I know is "safe"?

Thanks