[yocto] Question - getting started with HIO-EMB-1200 core-board

Mauritz Jameson mjames2393 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 06:29:16 PST 2016

I have bought an HIO-EMB-1200 core-board with an HIO-IOB-1240 IO module.
I would like to compile, build and deploy executables to the board from
an IDE on my Windows 8.1 machine.

What is the best IDE for debugging the code while it's running on the
board?

I intend to develop a SIP user agent and run it on the board. The SIP
UA will auto-answer inbound calls and can place outbound calls to
a pre-configured number. Outbound calls will be placed on detection
of a signal (user pressing a HW button).

I am wondering if the default image/os/kernel on the board should be
switched
out with another image/os/kernel (not sure which word to use here) ?

I have been told that it's possible to run the Android OS on this board?
If that's true, how do I make the board run Android? I believe that I
would have to write an Android OS image to an SDCARD and let the board
boot from the SDCARD? Is it possible to "flash" the board so that it boots
Android from a persistent storage (not SDCARD) ?

Thanks