[yocto] Howto change the default shell in yocto?

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:48:57 PST 2016

On 04/03/16, Christopher Larson wrote:
> The default *system* shell (/bin/sh) or the default shell for users, or for
> root? Folks often conflate them, but they're not the same.

first the default *system* shell (/bin/sh) is this possible? or does this affect
to much of the yoco system itself, if I change /bin/sh to /bin/dash?

the alternative for me is to just change the default shell for normal
users and the root user. I assume its done via /etc/passwd. But how I adapt
these the yocto way?

Best regards,

Oliver