[yocto] btrfs-tools Requires libgcc_s.so.1

robert_joslyn at selinc.com robert_joslyn at selinc.com
Fri Mar 4 15:17:55 PST 2016

I'm building an image using btrfs and I noticed a problem with the
btrfs-tools recipe in Jethro (using core-image-minimal and a 64-bit
machine). The recipe builds fine, but I get the following error when
attempting certain operations using btrfs, such as trying to start a
scrub:

root at test:~# btrfs scrub start /
scrub started on /, fsid 79dc4fed-a0f7-43e2-b9e7-056b1a2c4cdd (pid=333)
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work

I can solve this by adding libgcc to RDEPENDS for btrfs-tools. I'm not
very familiar with libgcc, but is this just an oversight, or is there some
reason it was not included? Should it be statically linked instead?

Thanks,

--
Robert Joslyn
Software Engineer, R&D - Automation