[yocto] Native packages compiled with host gcc set in PATH and with LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libstd++

Chris Z. winotu.email at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 07:13:22 PST 2016

Hi,

I have set newer gcc(4.9) in PATH and with proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Default
system gcc is 4.4.

Bulding cmake-native fails when bootstrap cmake tries to compile cmake
native binary.

This is due to the fact that bootstrap was compiled with newer glibcxx and
it can't be found in system/host /usr/lib, /usr/lib64 nor in -rpath.

rpath is set to
                        -Wl,-rpath,${STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE} \
                        -Wl,-rpath,${STAGING_BASE_LIBDIR_NATIVE} \

from BUILD_LDFLAGS var in bitbake.conf which is expand in native class.

What is the correct approach to fix this ? Or I shouldn't use gcc from PATH
for compilation of native packages ?