[yocto] [xcursor-transparent-theme][Patch] Add several cursors

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Mar 2 04:48:01 PST 2016

On 2 March 2016 at 12:45, Johannes Pointner <h4nn35.work at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't know this option.
> But I think there is still a use case for the
> xcursor-transparent-theme. Because the cursor theme can be set before
> starting a new application without restarting X11.

How do you handle users switching between applications in that case? Or the
application crashing and leaving you without a cursor?  If a particular
application should hide the cursor them it should just hide the cursor, if
the entire UI shouldn't have a cursor then use -nocursor.

Don't worry, I won't be deleting the transparent theme just yet, but I do
think it's a hack.

Ross