[yocto] [meta-chip] How to flash yocto's output into CHIP

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Tue Mar 1 10:06:11 PST 2016

Hello,

On 24 Feb 2016 12:04 am, "Valentin Le bescond" <valentin.lebescond at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I searched a bit more :
>
> The sunxi-spl-with-ecc.bin is built using the spl-image-builder bin in
the CHIP-tools folder (found here :
https://github.com/NextThingCo/CHIP-tools.git)
> I found a set of parameters (here : line 52 :
https://github.com/soderstrom-rikard/CHIP-tools/blob/chip/stable/chip-fel-flash.sh)
but I have no idea if it's right or wrong.
> That would give us :
> spl-image-builder -d -r 3 -u 4096 -o 1664 -p 16384 -c 1024 -s 64
sunxi-spl.bin sunxi-spl-with-ecc.bin

> I found that the uboot-env.bin file is not used to flash the chip (using
chip-fel-flash.sh file).
> But it should be easy to generate it as it is made with the "mkenvimage"
program that is found (an built by yocto) in the CHIP-uboot repo.

> Still not flashing though.
>
> I will look on the UART port of the chip for further tests. I hope to see
u-boot messages while flashing.

valentin.lebescond at gmail.com> a écrit :

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone managed to flash the CHIP board with a
(successful) yocto image build.

>> I didn't succeed but here are the few things I found :
>>
>> Comparing the files expected in CHIP-tools/ and the ones available in
Yocto deploy/image/chip/ I see some are missing in yocto :
>> uboot-env.bin
>> sunxi-spl-with-ecc.bin
>>
>> I tried using the ones downloaded with chip-update-firmware.sh but it
doesn't work...

>> While flashing, at some point, the chip (in FEL mode) disconnects the
USB connection. If it goes well the chip reconnects as a ttyACM0. If it
doesn't go well (which is my case), chip never shows up !

>> If anyone managed to get the thing working please let me know. If not I
am willing to try any idea you may have.

I did flash chip successfully with Yocto artifacts. Haven't tried since I
created the layer but it surely worked and should work now too. Hopefully
I'll get some time to try it.

Andrei