[yocto] [meta-java] How is the version string in openjdk/openjre built

Bernhard Dick bernhard at bdick.de
Fri Jun 24 06:26:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

currently I'm facing a small problem with the meta-java package. I have
applications that check the version string of java for specific releases.
The string from java -version built with the meta-java package however does
not include that but results in 1.8.0-native or 1.8.0-internal.
So I wanted to fix it and include the release number. However, maybe due to
I'm quite new with the openembedded build system, I cannot find, where the
version is changed within the layer, I also do not see where the -native or
-internal string is coming from. It appears later within the MILESTONE
variable of the build config. Can you help me on this topic?
  Regards
    Bernhard Dick