[yocto] prelink support

Kyle Russell bkylerussell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:37:42 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com>
wrote:

> What is the specific error you got?  This is the type of stuff I'd like to
> resolve.

I don't have the logs on me at the moment for the specific output, but
there were two errors (one for 'int scope_cnt' and the other for 'unsigned
int cnt') being declared in the for loop initialization, which isn't
supported until -std=c99.  I was able to move the declaration to the
beginning of _dl_show_scope just for testing and prelink finished compiling
successfully.

Are you using a branch and gcc that is part of OpenEmbedded?  If so, I need
> know how to configure the system so I can attempt to reproduce and work
> around
> the issue.

I think we're using the gcc compiler that's included in poky.  I was
running poky at the following commit on jethro.

ddbc131 toasterconf.json: exclude releases Toaster can't build

The only configuration change that I'm aware of was setting GCCVERSION back
to "4.9%" as recommended in
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#migration-2.0-gcc-5

I had updated the SRCREV and branch in the prelink recipe to point to
cross_prelink_staging as you suggested.  It simply seems that the version
of dl-open.c on cross_prelink_staging just isn't compatible with gcc 4.9,
which seems to default to C90.

I can dig further into our setup and send specific steps tomorrow if you're
not able to get similar results.