[yocto] uninative support on non-x86 platforms

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Jun 22 09:43:25 PDT 2016

The current poky fails when building on a non-x86 platform with a
message like:

    uninative selected but not configured, please set UNINATIVE_CHKSUM[ppc64le]

We have a number of developers that use ppc64le systems to do work on,
so we would like to help get this support in place.  Are there any
pointers to the work needed to get this going?

In the meantime, is there an intermediate commit that could be made to
disable uninative on all unsupported platforms?  It seems like instead
of:
   INHERIT += "uninative"
we could have:
   INHERIT[i686,x86_64] += "uninative"

This will allow those building on ARM and Power systems to continue to
function without manually disabling uninative themselves.

--
Patrick Williams