[yocto] Crosscompiling python extensions with yocto generated toolchains!?

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 10:44:54 PDT 2016

Hi everybody..

I've been playing with python extensions. Now I want to compile a simple
hello world extension
to my Yocto's target, but I really can't find any good resource about doing
it. So what is the teory behind it?

I know that I need python headers "Python.h and others" and that I need
distutils installed. After that everything is done by distutils and
setup.py script, but what is done is a mistery. I found distutilscross on
internet but no documentation about it!?

How are python extensions cross-compiled by Yocto? Can somebody point me an
example?!

Regards,

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*