[yocto] Additional layers with class and conf

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 15 13:29:05 PDT 2016

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:50:57 Woronicz, Bartosz wrote:
> I got two layers, meta-x and meta-y , meta-x got meta-y in
> bblayers.conf.   in meta-y contains conf/layer.conf with BBPATH .=
> ":${LAYERDIR}", plus classes/my.bbclass plus local.conf containing
> INHERIT += "my"

Do you mean you put local.conf in a conf subdirectory of a layer? If so,
that's not really expected to work.

> when I ran bitbake -e my-image, the INHERIT doesn't seem to contain "my"
>
> When I put it directly in layer.conf it works, but what to add to
> layer.conf to make bitbake to look for other *.conf files in meta-y/conf/ ??

You don't, at least not in that way. The correct way to do things like this is
to create a custom distro and then set DISTRO to point to it. Your distro conf
file can then set these kinds of things.

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creating-your-own-distribution

Cheers,
Paul

--