[yocto] Mounting USB drives on a "read-only-rootfs" based system

Jeffrey D Boyer Jeffrey.D.Boyer at jci.com
Tue Jun 14 06:48:31 PDT 2016

Sorry, /media is not a symlink and there is no /run/media link or directory present on my running system.  When I insert an SD card, for example, I get a bit of text on the debug serial port that a card has been detected, but I don't see a mount point anywhere after that.

	root at mySys:/# mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address 1234
	mmcblk1: mmc1:1234 SA04G 3.63 GiB
	 mmcblk1: p1

It should be noted that if I exclude the " read-only-rootfs" option in the bb script, a normal read/write kernel image is produced and the action of inserting an SD card under those conditions will automatically produce a mount point at /media/mmcblk1p1

FYI, I'm running 3.14 kernel.  Is this a job for aufs?  If so, how would I go about configuring it?