[yocto] Script being installed under /etc/init.d instead of /usr/lib/systemd folder

Dey, Megha megha.dey at intel.com
Wed Jun 8 18:11:35 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to use the systemd init system from the existing system. I have added the following to my conf file:
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = ""
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"

I have also added the 'systemd' binary to the INSTALL_APPEND.
When I boot the resulting image, I do see systemd up and running and I am able to start and stop services.

However, I do have a script recipe which is currently placed as a bbappend to initscripts (meta/recipes-core/initscripts/initscript_..bb) in my custom meta layer.

This script even after shifting to systemd, is being placed in the /etc/init.d/ folder, and hence doesn't run on boot. I want this to be placed in the /usr/lib/system.d/ folder instead. How would I be able to do this?

Is it because this script is an append to initscripts, it by default gets installed under /etc/init.d? If so, where should I place the recipe?

Thanks,
Megha