[yocto] License problems when switching form RPM to DEB - looking for a easy way to fix it

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jun 9 09:20:39 PDT 2016

On 9 June 2016 at 15:52, <S.Jaritz at esa-grimma.de> wrote:

> I switched from RPM to DEB because the board configuration should be
> handled by a package manager. By doing so I ran into a QA problem. All the
> software provided by my colleagues I maked with

Note that deb is the least-tested package manager, we generally recommend
rpm or opkg over deb.  If you switched to deb because of the size of the
tools on the target compared to rpm (as smart pulls in Python, it's not
small) then you'll really like opkg.

> LICENSE = "CLOSED"
>
> because they do not provide a license file. This works fine with the rpm
> generator, but when I use the debian generator - the QA from the
> "do_rootfs" fails with:

[snip]

Very interesting, and I have seen this occasionally.  Does deleting your
tmp/ and rebuilding from sstate solve this?

Ross