[yocto] License problems when switching form RPM to DEB - looking for a easy way to fix it

S.Jaritz at esa-grimma.de S.Jaritz at esa-grimma.de
Thu Jun 9 07:52:35 PDT 2016

Hej

I switched from RPM to DEB because the board configuration should be
handled by a package manager. By doing so I ran into a QA problem. All the
software provided by my colleagues I maked with

LICENSE = "CLOSED"

because they do not provide a license file. This works fine with the rpm
generator, but when I use the debian generator - the QA from the
"do_rootfs" fails with:
########################
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Error executing a python
function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:

The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure
was:
File: 'exec_python_func() autogenerated', lineno: 2, function: <module>
     0001:
 *** 0002:license_create_manifest(d)
     0003:
File: '/home/user/myTC/poky/meta/classes/license.bbclass', lineno: 48,
function: license_create_manifest
     0044:    pkg_dic = {}
     0045:    for pkg in sorted(image_list_installed_packages(d)):
     0046:        pkg_info = os.path.join(d.getVar('PKGDATA_DIR', True),
     0047:                                'runtime-reverse', pkg)
 *** 0048:        pkg_name = os.path.basename(os.readlink(pkg_info))
     0049:
     0050:        pkg_dic[pkg_name] =
oe.packagedata.read_pkgdatafile(pkg_info)
     0051:        if not "LICENSE" in pkg_dic[pkg_name].keys():
     0052:            pkg_lic_name = "LICENSE_" + pkg_name
Exception: OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/user/myTC/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/sama5d3xek/pkgdata/runtime-reverse/mycontrol'

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed:
license_create_manifest
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/user/myTC/poky/build/tmp/work/sama5d3xek-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.69642
ERROR: Task 9
(/home/user/myTC/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb,
do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2383 tasks of which 2382 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (2012 of 2388)
########################

Is there a way to avoid that or do I have to provide for every recipe a
license file?

I found a contribution about that:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/blogs/khem/2014/suppliment-common-licenses-yocto-project

But ${LAYERDIR} seem not to be set. Maybe a small example can explain my
problem in a good way. I have a layer with the following struct and
modifications:

meta-myLayer
|- licenses
|    -> myLicense
|- recipes-my
|    -> myrecipe.bb

@meta-myLayer:
LICENSE_PATH += "${LAYERDIR}/licenses"

@myrecipe.bb
LICENSE = "myLicense"

Where is my error/what do I have to do for avoiding to add for every
recipe a license file?

Regards!

Stefan Jaritz
Entwickler

ESA Elektroschaltanlagen Grimma GmbH
Broner Ring 30
04668 Grimma
Telefon: +49 3437 9211 176
Telefax: +49 3437 9211 26
E-Mail: s.jaritz at esa-grimma.de
Internet: www.esa-grimma.de

Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Gaitzsch
Jörg Reinker

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Grimma
Ust.-ID: DE 141784437
Amtsgericht: Leipzig, HRB 5159
Steuernummer: 238/108/00755

Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen Sie diese
Nachricht. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail
ist nicht gestattet.

are
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly
forbidden.