[yocto] New warning

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Jun 7 20:20:05 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing a lot of these:
>   NOTE: /local/poky-cutting-edge/meta-xyz/.../some-pkg_2.38.0.bb:
> base_contains is deprecated, please use bb.utils.contains instead.
>
> This is all well and good and I'll clean them up as I go.  That
> said, why is the same NOTE printed [at least] twice for every recipe
> even when the file contains 'base_contains' only once?

I haven't checked the code, but the most likely explanation is the error is
a parse or expansion time one, and bitbake parses the recipe anew when
running each task, after the up front parse which is used to generate the
runqueue. *shrug*. It's a downside of showing messages in anything but task
execution context.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com