[yocto] DISTRO_FEATURES modification from image recipe?

piotr.lewicki piotr.lewicki at elfin.de
Tue Jun 7 05:10:58 PDT 2016

Hi,
Is it possible to manipulate DISTRO_FEATURES from my image recipe file?

In my case I added line:
DISTRO_FEATURES += " systemd"

to local.conf and it worked (added systemd), but when I moved this line
to my image.bb recipe I got build errors:

ERROR: Required build target 'my-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['my-image', 'my-app',
'systemd']

I already have in my image recipe line:
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " gles2"
so I tried to add systemd to it like so:
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " gles2 systemd"
but it didn't help.

Can you help a me?
What should I put and where to enable distro-feature: systemd without
manipulating with local.conf? Is that possible?

Thanks
Piotr Lewicki