[yocto] Per image customizations

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:52:44 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Edward Wingate <edwingate8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems I cannot just append to inittab using the echo statements
> because /etc/inittab is not part of this recipe. Must I duplicate
> inittab first in my imageX-inittab.bb recipes?

I modified the recipes to include their own copy of inittab:

LICENSE = "BSD"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=9bea9267288f79f074b2e000d3cf6412"
SRC_URI = "file://LICENSE file://inittab-imageX"
S = "${WORKDIR}"
DEPENDS += " sysvinit-inittab"

FILES_${PN} = "/etc/inittab"

do_install () {
    install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}
    install -m 0644 -D ${S}/inittab-imageX ${D}${sysconfdir}/inittab
}

Everything builds successfully, but the inittab in the final image is
neither image1-inittab's nor image2-inittab's.  It is still using
sysvinit-inittab's version of inittab.  What else do I need to do so
it will use my imageX-inittab.bb recipe's version?

Thanks for your help!